Saturday 23 April 2016

Andy Warhol/Ai Weiwei

This week I was very fortunate to head to Melbourne for a night to see the Andy Warhol and Ai Weiwei exhibition at the NGV. It was one of those exhibitions I just didn't want to miss, but I felt a bit nervous and guilty. It was the first night I have ever been away from Elroy and the first night I hadn't fed him before bed. I felt a bit selfish but at the same time needed the short break away as well. Matt was so good to just let me go, and fortunately he had no trouble with Elroy at all which was a wonderful relief!

I went over with my mum, and we spent the first day having a good wander around the shops in the city and a lovely dinner out. The next morning I headed to the exhibition and was so impressed!  It was really well put together, but it was definitely one that needed a lot of time, or several visits, because there was a lot of video content which I had to skip through. Interestingly I think it was the colours that appealed to me most, particularly when you realise that some of them are nearly 40 years old, and yet still so vibrant. I bought the book because I feel I need to read and understand a bit more, particularly about Ai Weiwei, just have to make sure I actually get around to it!!

No comments: