Thursday 16 July 2015

Winter List

Making: so many lists and plans and slowly getting my brain into gear. I'm looking forward to the lighter warmer weather, and to re-planting my herb garden, to spending time outside with Elroy while he plays/eats his toes and cleaning out the clutter in the house.

Cooking: a sweet treat once a week for our morning teas, so far I've made brownies, coconut raspberry slice, our old school lunch box chocolate cake and melting moments. I don't know if it is breastfeeding, or just being home a lot more, but I am really craving sweet things at the moment. Also we just got a KitchenAid and I cannot wait to give it a try.

Drinking: warm lemon and honey drinks, I started a while back when I had a cold and still do every now and again.

Reading: the Bodysurfers by Robert Drewe, well I am three chapters in and started it maybe a month ago, I really should pick it up instead of my phone.

Thinking: how much blogging has changed over the last few years, and where I might fit in. I have made a conscious decision to keep going as I always have, because I figure this is my space and I like having it as a place to record things that happen.

Wanting: to go and see the new film version of Far From the Madding Crowd, I'm sure I read the book when I was a teenager and enjoyed it. I just can't remember it. Unlike Jude the Obscure, which was just so tragic and upsetting and rather unforgettable.

Playing: lots of the same music, I need something new, any suggestions?

Enjoying: the mornings, when Elroy has his first nap (which is usually a pretty decent one) and I can tidy the house for the day and then sit and think and pause for a few moments, generally with a hot water bottle held close.

Needing: to get back to the gym, I activated my membership again, it's definitely time, but it is a matter of finding the time too!

Wearing: lots of layers, and i brought a pair of these shoes from country road and they have been so good, very comfortable.

Buying: books for Elroy, but really for me, because there are only so many times you can read Where's Spot? without going a bit crazy, and because I have a very soft spot for children's books. I know there is a box of my old ones somewhere at my mum's so I really should dig that out.

Getting: ideas together for our renovation, because after a slight (try year) delay we are back in that space and I think it is going to be pretty exciting.


Feeling: fed up with winter and anticipating spring.

1 comment:

Small Catalogue said...

I'm very excited to see Far From the Madding Crowd today. So much so that I have taken a TOIL day and after the school run I'm heading to the cinema for the first grown-up film since The Kings Speech.

I am absolutely loving Florence and the Machine's How Big How Blue How Beautiful - so delicious.

I'm very slack with the comments, but I'm ever so glad you keep blogging.