Thursday 11 June 2015

june long weekend

As I mentioned in my last post we headed to the beach on the saturday of the June long weekend. The weather has been crappy, cold, grey and, as far as I am concerned, miserable. I just don't like winter, so it was very good to get out and about somewhere different for the day.

I have been wanting to try out the Dunalley fish market for ages after hearing many times that it is one of the best out there, and it wasn't bad at all! I really liked the fact that all you could order was what they had locally, no imported frozen seafood in sight. The place was quaint and clearly popular with the locals, one of whom wanted to take Jerry home! I love that we have places like this in Tasmania, and that it is so easy to go for a relatively short drive and be the only people on a beach.