Monday 13 October 2014

lately


I can't believe it is October, I love this time of year, it has been warmer, daylight savings has started and it feels like there is life in the place again.

Lots of things have happened since June when I last posted, but at the same time there has been a lot of hibernation and quiet time (see the last point):

* I did a pottery class in May/June and made numerous pots that are all roughly the same size and shape, clearly I need more time to refine my skills.

* We went to Sydney in June for a short break to see Matt's family

* I went to Melbourne for another break and went to the Finders Keepers market for the first time, and saw Lily Allen

* The dog busted his knee and has been house bound for far too long (maybe 6 weeks or more), he still hasn't recovered properly and might need a knee reconstruction. Poor Jerry.

* We saw Sharon Jones and she was amazing, so much energy!

* We've been trying to go out for dinner as much as possible and have started a saturday morning ritual of getting up early(ish) and going for breakfast at new places. Mostly we are trying to make the most of our free time before our lives change forever because.......

* We are having a baby! Due at the end of February next year. I am excited and nervous all at once. I was pretty sick until about 15 weeks then caught a head cold and had hay fever for a few more. Since then things have been much better and although I still feel very tired at the end of the day, especially a friday after busy work weeks, I am very aware that I need to make the most of this time.

Photos are a few randoms around the house (I'm trying to get used to my new camera still):
lilacs from the garden | some lovely surprise mail from Adairs who are now stocking Kip & Co | afternoon light in our bedroom


5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations once again! Very excited for you both and hope you are keeping well now that the sickness has eased off xx

WSAKE said...

such good news! congratulations!!! and so good to hear from you again:)

Irene said...

These are good news. I wish you all the best for your pregnancy!

dear olive said...

Such exciting news! I'm really really thrilled for you all, even Jerry. (Poor Jerry.) Shane is a MASSIVE Sharon Jones fan too - she played on the opening night of the Sydney Festival (which used to be free) a couple of years ago and he's seen her a couple of times since then too. I can only hope to be that energetic in my 60's! (70's?) Kellie xx

Elizabeth O'Wheel said...

Congratulations!

And how good was Sharon Jones?!